Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bluebird House Pallet Project

I just published the plans for my bluebird house. It is a simple and easy to build design that will last for years, is easy to clean and is proven to attract bluebirds.  I have two in my yard and all my family whom I have given one report inhabitants.

Some tips for bluebird houses:


  1. Put up your bluebird houses in lightly wooded areas.  They like to perch in trees and scan for flying insects.  Bluebirds are also often seen sitting on wires. 
  2. Put the house about 5-6 feet off the ground.  This is a good height for the birds and makes the house harder for predators to reach. 
  3. If the entry hole of your house gets worn out or enlarged with use then replace the front panel of the house and drill a new hole.  If the hole is too big an unwanted species could move in or worse, drive out bluebirds nesting there. 



                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments, pictures or ideas. Everything is welcome and any form of pallet projects or ideas can be showcased.